The usage presented in this section reflects the general use and shall be used as a reference. Please be sure to consult with our associates when making orders for specific usage.
- Steel for Structural Uses
- Steel for automotive Structural Uses
- Weather Resistant Steel
- Carbon Steel for Pipe and Tube
- Steel for Oil Well Pipes
- Steel for Pipelines
- High Carbon Steel
- Cold Rolled Steel
- Hot-Rolled Steel for Gas Cylinders
Steel for Structural Uses
Steel for general and welding structures are produced and are used for building iron structures and the structures of bridges, ships and cars, etc.
- KS SS330, 400, SM400A, B, C, SM490A, B
- JIS SS330, SS400, SS490, SS540, SM400A, B, C, SM490A, B, C, SM490YA, YB, SM520B, C, SM570
- ASTM A36, A283, A570
- BS BS1449 PART 1 50/35HR , HS,BS4360, 40B, 43A,B,C, 50B,C
- DIN DIN17100 ST22, ST33, ST37-2, ST44-2, ST52-3
Weather Resistant Steel
This type of steel with enhanced corrosion and atmospheric corrosion resistant properties through the addition of such special elements as P, Cu, and Cr is used in manufacturing containers, special automobiles and construction structures.
- POSCO PAWS50
- JIS SPA-H
Steel for automotive Structural Uses
The type of high strength steel which has extremely excellent drawability and weldability is used in automobile frames,members and wheels.
- POSCO ATOS540(ATOS55), ATOS590(ATOS60), ATOS780(ATOS80), ATOS980(ATOS100), AUTOBEAM, STAB
- JIS SPA-H310, 370, 400, 440, SPFH490, 540, 590
- ASTM A715-40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 80
Carbon Steel for Pipe and Tube
This type of steel, excellent in weldability and formability, is widely used in structural pipes, general pipes, special pipes, and machine-structural carbon steel pipe.
- POSCO POSP290A, 340A, 370A, 410A, 440A, 470A, 500A, 540A
- JIS SPHT1, 2, 3, 4, STB340, 410, STK290, 400, 490,500, 540, STKM11A, 12B, 13A, 13B, 14B, 16A, 18A
Hot-Rolled Steel for Gas Cylinders
This steel, which has high strength qualities and good formability, is used in high pressure gas containers, with less than a 500ℓ inner capacity, used for holding LPG, acetylene and other high pressure gases.
- JIS SG255, 295, 325, 365
- ASTM A455
Steel for Oil Well Pipes
This type of steel, characterized by strict high strength qualities, extremely low temperature toughness, excellent weldability and fracture resistance, is used for drilling in severely cold areas and for deep sea oil wells.
- API 5CT - J55, K55, N80, L80
Steel for Pipelines
Because of its excellent high strength qualities, extremely low temperature toughness, hydrogen induced crack resistance and good weldability, this steel is used in pipelines.
- API 5L - A,B, X42, X46, X52, X60, X65, X70, X80
High Carbon Steel
Under this category are carbon steel for machine structures, alloy steel, and tool steel. After going through cold-rolling and QT heat treatment processes, they are used in making a variety of machine parts.
- JIS S10C-S55C, SK60~120, SCM415~440
- SAE SAE1010~1055
- DIN 50CRV4, 75CR1
Cold Rolled Steel
This cold rolled steel is used in many cold rolled products, such as CR, GI and color plates.
- SAE SAE1006-1055