"Steel-N.com" is POSCO's business portal site and comprised of e-Sales and e-Procurement.
e-Sales site handles sales work and is comprised of e-Market and e-Transaction. The e-Procurement site deals in purchasing and is designed to search for new suppliers and enable electronic bidding and exchanges of transaction documents and information.
The "N" in Steel-N.com stands for "Neo," implying the new, fresh, and future-oriented aspect of POSCO. It also symbolizes limitless value created by the individuality and harmony, of the netizen community.
The "-" is a link connecting POSCO and the outside world as well as business and customers, expressing a familiar and strong rapport.
"Steel-N.com" strives to form a community in which both business and customer can benefit by actualizing Internet Business, an open concept transcending generation, time and space.
Formed a task force to open an e-commerce site specializing in steel products.e)
Established basic strategy and business model for on-line sales.
Launched development of on-line sales system for non-order products.
Formed new e-Business Team and Cyber Sales Team.
Decided on "Steel-N.com" as the site domain name
- Completed the development of on-line sales system for inventory products.
- Began operating"Steel-N.com" on August 30th. (Started selling inventory products on-line.)
Construction of Competitive Transportation Contract System Development Task Force
- Closed e-Business Team & newly established e-Sales Team and e-Procurement Teams.
- Established and began an Inventory e-Market Migration Plan (Optima¡æERP)
- Established an e-Transaction development plan and started system development.
Established an e-Procurement basic plan and confirmed a business model.
- Completed the development of the e-Transaction system.
- Completed the development of an e-Market business model for ordered products and launched system development.
Tested the e-Transaction System.
May 23 e-Logistics commenced operation (tender commencement)
Implemented test operation of Steel-N.com, an integration of e-Sales and e-Procurement, on June 11th.
(Opened English, Japanese and Chinese versions of the e-Sales site.)
Grand opening of Steel-N.com.
Started selling ordered products on-line on September 24th and operating e-Procurement.
Provide e-Transaction system mobile service
Complete e-Transaction & e-Market System integraion development
Begin e-Sales system mobile integration service
Open renewed Steel-N.com system